Sunday, October 20, 2013

Recharging Batteries

When I started this blog two months ago, I said at the time I was going to be writing everyday, rain or shine, because this process is going to take a long time and committing to it is an important part getting from where I started to where I ultimately want to be.

But there's also a time where you need to rest and take a breather. Nothing wrong with it, as far as I can tell.

Considering I spend all my working time sitting at a desk churning out newspaper stories, finding time during the rest of the day to sit down at my laptop and do more writing can be somewhat taxing.

Even though I have notebook upon notebook and page upon page of stories and books I want to write and hopefully get published at some point, at the end of the day or week, I've been lately finding myself wanting to do anything else but write.

Not that I've been sitting idly twiddling my thumbs watching the world go by, either. Most times I'm here watching movies, reading books or because the weather has been so unexpectedly spectacular in this usually rain-drenched part of the world, I've been getting outside in it a bit more often, taking photos and just letting myself do other things.

As I've been finding out through my studying and getting to know myself a little better, I have to be willing to not confine myself to what I'm used to doing in the past. Although I still enjoy a lot of hobbies and passions of my old life, I'd like to think it's more a matter of exploring new avenues in more detail.

For the first time in I don't know how long, I've also been getting pretty regular sleep. Usually I would find myself being awake at the early hours of the morning driving myself up the nearest wall. Fortunately, that doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as it used to be, which is nice because I like sleep. I like it quite a bit and I've been feeling a whole hell of a lot better as of late when I do.

Sometimes it just helps to be able to let your brain get some rest, especially when it hasn't had it for a good long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment